THERE’S A SMARTER WAY
Knotty Pretzels® packaging uses NEO Plastics. At NEO Plastics, innovation is key as they strive to spread awareness about the ever-changing environmental needs we all face. NEO Plastics is committed to supporting all effort toward creating energy for the future through plastic waste conversion.
Knotty Pretzels® packaging uses NEO Plastics, a new sustainable packaging solution made for landfill disposal, energizing the future with today’s plastic waste.
THE NEO SOLUTION
Once packaging made with NEO is collected and discarded into a landfill, it accelerates the natural microbial process, creating biogas which can be collected and turned into clean energy powering homes, schools and businesses.
Learn more at https://aripack.com/neo-plastics
- Packaging made of materials that can be reused (gas, metal, paper and some plastics)
- Most multilayer plastic films cannot be recycled
- Curbside recycling has been depleted in many communities
- In-store collection is available but limited to flexible film packaging
- Recycling streams become too contaminated, and trash ends up in landfill after all
- Smaller plastic packaging items are looked over during sorting operations and end up in landfill
- People are not educated enough
- Compostable materials are meant to be returned to the earth safely
- Made of organic matter and can be broken down to make nutrient compost
- Often used interchangeably with biodegradable but not the same thing
- Most compostable packaging only works in special large-scale commercial and municipal composting facilities (aka not home composting)
- NEO packaging provides an entirely new sustainable solution, especially for mixed multilayer films which cannot be recycled. NEO does not change the feel, form or function of your current packaging.
- Once NEO Packaging is collected and discarded into a landfill, it accelerates the natural microbial process, creating biogas which can be collected and turned into clean, renewable energy.
- Currently, more than 600 managed waste facilities representing 80% of today’s waste manage these biogases.
- By supporting Landﬁll Gas to Energy (LFGE) & Zero Waste, NEO stands beside recycling, composting and other clean energy initiatives creating a pathway to Zero Waste goals.
THE NEO SOLUTION
Supports Landfill Gas to Energy.